Medical marijuana dispensary owners are required to renew their licenses every year. It is the responsibility of the dispensary owner to keep their marijuana license up-to-date. Failing to do so can land you in great trouble.
If you are renewing your marijuana license for the first time and need help with the process, you are in the right place. Although the license renewal process is different in different states, the bottom line is the same for everyone. Read the details to know how to Renew Dispensary License In Oklahoma.
How to renew medical marijuana license?
We have provided a step-by-step guide, so you don’t find the process difficult when renewing your marijuana license.
Wait for your license renewal time
You have 60 days to renew your license before it expires. As soon as your license renewal window opens, you will be sent an automated email. Read this mail mindfully because it contains all the instructions that needs to be followed.
Update your information in the licensing system
Update your information in the DCC licensing system. Make sure that you have provided all the correct and current documents. You may have to update your documents depending on your cultivation plan, premises diagram, vehicle details, product list, and operating procedures. You are also required to provide your last year’s revenue details, profit/loss statements, and tax returns. Review all your information before submitting them to the system.
Clear your license fee
Once you are done with the above steps, pay the required fees for renewing your license and apply. It will take a while for your application to get processed.
Post your updated license
After you get your updated license, download it and keep it safe with you. Also, don’t forget to replace the old license certificate with the new one. Post your updated license in someplace where it is easily available by your visitors.
Things to Know About Renewing Your Medical Marijuana License
We have listed some important information that every marijuana dispensary owner should know.
- A marijuana dispensary registration expires one year after approval. License holders are required to submit their renewal application at least 60 days before expiry.
- A dispensary owner who has filed for renewal before the expiration date can continue to operate even after the registration date is over. They are not required to wait to get an updated license.
- If marijuana license holder fails to renew their license before the expiration date, their registration will no longer be valid. In this case, they may get fined or face serious consequences.
- A marijuana dispensary that doesn’t submit documentation on time can be subjected to civil penalties.
- You can submit your renewal application online.
- Once your renewal request is approved, you will receive a confirmation email in your mailbox.
Running a medical marijuana dispensary is not easy, especially when you have to keep up with so many things. To keep your dispensary business running smoothly, you should keep your license up-to-date.